I’ve been working on exporting a Google Calendar so it can be printed. I know Google Calendar has a print option, but the results are anything but satisfactory. The events are truncated and the font is pitifully small. Also, it’s impossible to format items.
Anyway, here’s my work around solution. (This an update to this post)
1. Download and install Mozilla Sunbird. (note: Sunbird is no longer being updated, but you can still download it here.
2. Go to your Google Calendar…under “My Calendars” click on settings
3. In the calendar settings, get the ical "private address"
4. Open Mozilla Sunbird -- select "File, Subscribe to Remote Calendar"
5. Enter the private address - the Sunbird Calendar will now populate with the Google Calendar Data - enter your username and password when prompted (note: edits you make will now be automatically changed on your Google Calendar - it's two way - if you don't want this right click on the calendar name on the left, properties, mark it "read only")
6. Click on View, then select month
7. Edit the events to suit
8. Click on File, Page Setup, switch to landscape
9. Click on Print, insert a title if you want, change to the monthly grid layout
10. Print it
You now have a nicer looking printed calendar than you have if you print directly from Google Calendar.
Note: If all this sounds too complicated check out my post on WinCalendar.
Check out these Google Calendar related posts.